Tuesday, February 1

Online but not blogging

Life has gotten crazy to say the least and be very vague. 
I have been online...just not blogging.  I think I might take a break for awhile. 
I tend to not want to talk and I need to sort things out in my head rather than talk about things aloud with a computer screen...here's a post from Candace at His Mercy is New that really resonated with how I would put it if I had a talent with words.

I have been studying the book of James following along with www.goodmorninggirls.org.  I have started to use the SOAP method for study times and have a facebook accountability group.  It is simple, yet very effective.  God has been teaching me sooo much.   I am also reading thru the bible in a year.  I decided to do it with the one year chronological reading plan.  It contains the entire text of the bible arranged in the order the events actually occurred. This unique viewpoint allows you to read the whole Bible as a single story and to see the unfolding of God's plan in history.  This has been very interesting so far.  For instance, I learned that Job was one of the (if not the first) books written in the Bible.  It shocked me that I was to read Job after Genesis... He lived in the patriarcal times...Abraham, Isaac, Jacob...news to me!  It is filled with so much info about who God is, His character...a great treasure of knowledge.  If you haven't read it lately...I encourage you to go back and read it.  And last but not least, Mark and I have begun a study of the book Love and Respect.  Our church is studying this together in our midweek bible study groups and it is awesome.

Also, to change the subject to more trivial things... I have fallen in love with Tumblr
I have the world's worst memory, so this virtual visual system is perfect for me.  This is the place where I store a few of my favorite things I would like to remember...and possibly get around to one of these days!  (ha!)  I will be keeping track of all that I love, want to do one day, or just plain want to remember.

Here is a great post from Carissa at 1+1+1=1 for info on what Tumblr is.  Hope to see you there :)

No comments: