Friday, January 1

Homemade Nativity Blocks


Well, I am a little late with my Christmas posts, but I at least wanted to show everyone the nativity blocks Mark and I made for the kids.  Mark was able to get scrap lumber from his work at no cost. He cut them to size and sprayed them the taupe color, as I printed out and cut out the nativity characters that I found from www.makingfriends.com (nativity)
The next day when they were dry, I modge podged the cutouts onto the wood, and... voila!...Our unbreakable nativity scene.  Mark even surprised me by making the stable and a tall stand for the star (cut off in this picture). 



This picture was taken Christmas morning.  Apparently Santa came in with dirty feet...snowy footprints were everywhere, and they led from the fireplace to the tree, then here to the nativity scene, where he wrote "God is love" then signed his name.  The kids loved this!

Well...actually, Bella was more concerned than excited.  She put her hands on her hips and declared, "Who made this mess!?"

 
 
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: