Saturday, December 18

Simple Sweets

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my!


Since I had my surgery on Wednesday, I have had wayyyyyy too much time online to search for goodies.  I have found more crafts, school projects, and awesome inspiration than I know what to do with...the wheels in my head were spinning so fast...oh the things I had planned!


One of the things that I have been doing is making a mental note of some Christmas goodies I want to make with the kiddos once I can get up and cook for a while.  Which hopefully, Lord willing, will be in a day or two.  {*BTW, I am doing great...thanks for asking:)}


But then I remembered I have a problem with taking on BIG and DETAILED projects, then getting frustrated cause its not the fun and perfection that I pictured in my head!  Most of the time, I don't want the kids "messing it up"...so lots of arguements and tears ensue...
all because of my big plans.  Besides...its a week away from Christmas.  And I am healing from surgery.  Yup...now is not the time to begin CRAZY DETAILED projects.

So this week I am aiming for EASY and FUN...simply making memories with the kids.
 no stress, no frustration.  none of this:
{the martha wannabe in me just sighed :( oh well}

I love the idea of making treats with the family to give away to others!!!  There are so many people out there that I want to say thank you to and what better way to say thanks than to give them sweets made with love?

Take a look at a few of my favorites I found out there in bloggy land.  
Just the easy stuff of course.


Okay first of all... this video is the CUTEST little girl and needs her own baking show!  I plan on letting James and Bella watch her video and then get to work unwrapping some kisses!  Lots and lots of unwrapping kisses :)
Below is the same exact treat, but using different kinds of kisses...peppermint flavor.  
I think it looks awesome.  
And it comes with a cute printable about the M&M Nativity legend.  
Have y'all heard of this legend?  This is new to me this year...its cute and simple.
Click here for the recipe and free printable from My Computer is My Canvas.

Okay here is another treat using the same method, but with Rolos and Pecans... Yummy Turtles the easy way!  I love Janelle's site, Comfy in the Kitchen...she explains everything sooo well and with step by step pictures...I love that since I am such a visual person!  And she uses her talent of cooking as a ministry to the Lord by serving others.  Check it out!



The next yummy treat I would love to make is Peppermint Bark. (also Janelle's recipe, but she guest hosts over at Women Living Well once a week)  Here is the great recipe.  This looks like it would be difficult and time consuming, but is actually very simple!




Last but not least...I want to make a gingerbread "something" with the kids.  Not sure what yet... Look at this nativity set...oh wait, I said "easy" this year.  Thats right.  Well... it won't hurt to just look at it!  It's just too cute!  But I suppose it would be weird to eat the baby Jesus.  


ya know...come to think of it...no one in our house really likes the gingerbread taste very much.  Maybe I should just stick to a simple gingerbread craft instead.  :)


Go enjoy your kids!  Slow down and focus on Christ this season!  

3 comments:

Elle Belles Bows said...

Thanks so much for sharing the printable and recipe for the M&M's with the peppermint kisses (peppermint kisses are my newfound food weakness) Such a sweet way to share the meaning of Christmas! Kerri

Janelle Nehrenz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle Nehrenz said...

Sorry about the delete~ haha. Thank you so much for posting the recipes...isn't that little girl adorable, what a shining personality! Have a very Merry Christmas and God bless you! Love, Janelle