Monday, August 9

2010-2011 School Year

 
 Our curriculum came in from Heart of Dakota!  I get so giddy when I get new books to look through!  Everything looks so great...I am so excited to begin.  

2010-2011 School Plans for James:
Complete Curriculum including:
HISTORY:
American Pioneers and Patriots
Stories of the Pilgrims
Boys and Girls of Colonial Days
MATH:
Singapore Math 1A and 1B
SCIENCE:
God's Wonderful Works

I don't want to wait the six weeks we have left in our My Father's first grade curriculum...but patience is a virtue, right?  Right?  Aghhh!   I really am impressed with the HOD teacher's manual because everything is simple and clearly planned out ahead of time.  I really can just pick up the TM and start teaching without any prep work beforehand.  So much less planning for me!  I can just fill one workbox with each of the 9 prepared "boxes" from the TM on the 2 page spread for each day.  HOD has already done all the work for me.  Yeah!  Which is great, because I have needed all that extra planning time for a new phase in our school lives...Bella's now 3 years old and ready to begin preschool!
I have been busy piecing together many different and equally wonderful FREE resources from the web to make her a great combination program tailored just for her.  I really am impressed with what you can find for free online.   And we are making Bella her own spot in the school room just for her.  Getting excited just thinking about it.  At first I was dreading just thinking about how I was going to do school this year with two children, but I am now very optimistic and ready to begin!

2010-2011 School Plans for Bella:
I plan to blog about Bella's school day separately from James.  My goal is to share one post per week for each child and what we learned.  I have even created these cute logo's/headers for the post series.  I am hoping that will motivate me!  hehe...

So, let me see...
Registered for school at the Board of Education.....check
Sent in July's Attendance Form....check
Recieved James' school books for the year....check
Planned out and preparing Bella's preschool....check
Spent way too much time online now...CHECK

Yup...ready for a new school week!

No comments: